I’m Vicki Slade and I’ve been teaching physical fitness and therapy classes since mid-2005.
When I purchased Mike Geary’s popular e-book “The Truth about Six Pack Abs” I was impressed with most of the content and believe it offers benefits for all, though the benefits will be restricted in some aspects for some and I’ll explain why.
Mike is a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a Certified Personal Trainer specializing in body fat reduction strategies and functional strength and power training. He explains that the main reason most of us can’t find our abs is because they’re covered in a layer of fat, and he tells us how we can change our diet and exercise most efficiently to get rid of this. In fact, good nutrition is more important than exercise when it comes to getting rid of stubborn belly fat.
Mike is specific about good foods – some actually help ‘burn’ fat by requiring more energy to digest – and foods to avoid, some of which are marketed as ‘health’ foods. He includes detailed information about different foods so you can better understand the effect of what you’re eating, but makes it easy for us by supplying some simple sample eating plans too.
I must make it clear that Mike isn’t promoting a fad diet. You’re not going to do this until you reach your goal and then stop. And you don’t have to eat expensive diet foods, or mush, or pop a pill, or deny your body an important food group while the rest of your household eats ‘normal’ food. This is normal food – your new ‘norm’ – for a health-full life.
A book about abs wouldn’t be complete without ab exercises, and Mike doesn’t disappoint. He explains which common exercises you should avoid (for safety or effectiveness reasons) and provides a list of recommended exercises.
But ab exercises are actually less important than full body workouts when it comes to building muscle and the fat-burning properties of increasing your metabolic rate, and around half of the e-book details these full-body workout strategies.
All exercises have descriptions and photographs, and are followed by recommended training programs to suit different levels of fitness. I would like to add here that it’s my belief that you should not do any exercises that cause pain in old or current injury sites, so I recommend that you take this into account when selecting the exercises for your program.
While you could head off to the gym, you don’t have to, if it’s not your ‘thing’. Your exercise plan could be completed in the comfort and privacy of your own home using your body weight and items you have in your home, though Mike does recommend a couple of pieces of equipment that will help you reach your goals more easily.
Mike points out that the number 2 reason people fail to achieve their ‘dream body’ is ineffective training routines and poor dietary habits – and I’d like to add that poor advice may be a reason for both! And the number 1 reason is … mental attitude and beliefs. He believes that your mental status is the true starting point for success in anything, and he provides a six-step guide for helping you achieve success, in this or anything you care to apply it to.
I thought you might like to have a peek at the contents of the e-book. The following video scrolls through the 149 pages and explains the format….
- If you suffer from recurring injuries, chronic pain, or other serious physical medical conditions you’ll need to be careful with starting any exercise program (and I hope you’ll discuss this with your doctor), but as long as you keep that in mind there’s still plenty for you to learn from Mike’s program
- I don’t think Mike adequately emphasises the importance of stretching and doesn’t give enough instruction on how to stretch properly
- This isn’t a get fit/slim/muscular quick and easy scheme. You’re not going to get the results you desire by reading the book. You need to make some changes, and depending on where you’re starting from, you may need to make a lot of changes.
- You’re not going to get a visible six pack if your body is carrying too much fat and Mike knows this and exactly what needs to be done to get rid of the fat
- There is a large section on nutrition which really is superb – it cuts through all the marketing hype (and lies!). I was surprised by some of Mike’s findings, but when you think about it, it makes so much sense. A healthy and balanced diet has benefits for the inside of your body too – a slim body doesn’t just look better, it feels better too
- As I’ve already explained, Mike’s program includes many full-body exercises – I think you’ll agree that a great set of abs on an otherwise fat or emaciated body isn’t what we’re after. This six pack comes with a healthy, toned body.
- This isn’t a get fit/slim/muscular quick and easy scheme – sound familiar? This program requires real changes and real effort if you want the best results. Depending on where you’re starting from, the changes required might be considered quite life-changing, in a very good way.
I recommend you take a look at my free ‘How-to’ videos. I’ll be building the series over time and it will cover stretching and injury which, as I said above, are areas where Mike does not include enough information. If you don’t already understand what defines ‘good posture’ and you don’t already know that you have good posture, then I highly recommend you watch my posture videos. Having good posture will improve the results you achieve with this, or any, program.
If you want to show off toned muscles (even if your only audience is yourself!), you need to maintain a healthy, balanced diet and a safe but challenging exercise program. This program has the potential to be positively life-changing, if you put it into practice.
Here’s a short quote from the Truth About Abs e-book that I think is important: “…look beyond just the superficial aspects of getting lean and obtaining flat six pack abs. Instead, let’s also look at what’s really important here … your health and happiness! Your energy, confidence, and internal health are even more important than simply how you look on the outside … But we obviously all want both, right?”
For $39.95 – a once-only payment, which is currently for a package worth just over $200 – you will get the whole program, but Mike also offers a 21-day trial period for a $4.95 processing fee, and if you decide to go ahead after 21 days you only pay a further $35. But of course there’s also a 60 day 100% money back guarantee for the Truth About Abs program, so you get to check it out and if you decide it’s not for you it’s a simple system to request a refund – no questions asked. And because all of the content is in e-books, there is nothing to post back.
Thank you for reading my Truth About Abs reviews– I hope you’ve found it helpful. Based on my experience and training, in my opinion, Mike Geary’s program, The Truth About Six Pack Abs, is really worthwhile and an excellent investment in your body, and it will work – if you’re serious about getting results!